Here are some tips for you to know, before you go out there and partner a local courier firm in Singapore for your local company’s deliveries.
As a person in the industry and has made mistakes hiring the wrong courier company, I have more than 1 or 2 tips to provide you and your company with when selecting a partner courier company.
- Always check out the courier company’s past, portfolio as well as reviews. Some companies have been around for only a few weeks, and their pricing may be very low. These are usually highly indicative of a disaster waiting to happen. These are mostly subcontractor companies, and sometimes they try to get business directly from the end consumer – a.k.a. you. However, most of these subcontractor companies are better at delivering, than doing business. Most of them go bust within 1 year or just a few months. This is because they usually lack creativity when it comes to growing their business, other than slashing prices and taking everything they can – only to realize they can’t turn a profit and are suffering huge losses. If you notice such a company, take very good care and not work with them… unless you want to see your effort go to waste. It’s better to pay more for a reliable and trusted courier firm in Singapore, than one which is unnamed and unknown.
- Note that not every company provides credit. Make sure to ask the companies before working with a particular company. Some customers require credit, and this may be the case for your company too. If that’s the case, then make sure to check it out with the courier company first.
- Also, find out how to order from them. Some companies require you to fill out lengthy consignment notes, while others let you call them or order using a short 30 second form online like www.pcamasters.com/courier-delivery-singapore. That will save you time, effort and tons of productivity in the long term. Either way, find one that suits your company’s requirements.
- Some courier companies work on weekends, but most do not. Make sure to find one that’s suitable for you – especially if you need deliveries on weekends. If you need deliveries on weekdays, it is usually not a big problem, as almost every courier firm works on weekdays.
- Finally, find that courier company which listens to you and is responsive. Trust me, when things go wrong, the worst feeling is talking to an unresponsive courier company. Nothing is worse than that. This is because you’re getting no accountability, and your items are very important. Most importantly, make sure to get a responsive courier firm in Singapore and you’re set and ready to go.
There are different logistics companies in Singapore, dealing with different parts of the logistics chain as well as serving different customer groups. I shall talk about the various types of delivery companies, and the best in each category.
Firstly, let us talk about the local Singapore courier service industry. In my opinion, the best courier services company in Singapore is PCAMasters. Here are my reasons why. There used to be 2 problems when it comes to courier service in Singapore before I met PCA Masters. The couriers were always super unresponsive, and unable to take in my delivery, and don’t even bother helping me check or reschedule my delivery. The main reason I engage courier services is not to save money, but to save time and effort, yet many other companies in Singapore have made me so much more stressed when engaging courier services versus doing it by myself. However, PCA Masters has changed the game rapidly and is growing fast in Singapore when I last checked with their management. This is expected due to their heavy investment in their customer service support, and that was severely lacking (and still is) in the industry.
Second of all, let us talk about moving companies (for furniture or bulky items). Once again, there are many companies, and many sole proprietors (who generally fail after 1-2 months of lack of customers). Most people in Singapore know how to be employees, but not employers. Hence only a few good companies in Singapore exist. One of the best moving companies in Singapore has to be Shalom Movers. With a large fleet of lorries, their service is impeccable, as they’re very well experienced in taking care of not damaging your items (furniture e.t.c.). Many movers which charge cheaper may not be as experienced, and end up making scratches or dents to your items, which will then cost more to you in the long term.
Third of all, let us talk about international shipping companies. There are 3 main logistics players in Singapore – namely, Fedex, DHL and UPS. These are the largest international freight companies in Singapore. Personally, I have noticed that DHL and Fedex are more popular in Singapore, both with companies as well as with individuals, with DHL being slightly more popular than Fedex. I have had items sent with both, and DHL is generally reliable as well.
Many companies need to send documents and receive documents quickly in Singapore’s corporate world. This is especially exacerbated by Singapore’s fast culture and pace of life. Everyone needs everything done quickly – and this is especially true in the corporate world of Singapore.
In the past, you might have needed to wait for 1 to 2 full working days to receive a mailed letter or document, and this is wasting precious time. If you did not want to wait, you also need to spend money and time driving up to the person and pick up the item yourself (or get your employee to do it and waste your company’s productivity for the day).
This is why since 1990s in Singapore, there are more and more document and small package courier services companies in Singapore like PCA Masters, Regent, Network courier e.t.c. which have popped up to meet the demands of companies over the years.
If your company also needs a same day courier service in Singapore, then contact PCA Masters. They’re the fastest and most efficient courier service I’ve seen in Singapore. You can contact them here.
There are times where you might be wondering how to deliver something to somebody without travelling there yourself. Most people will turn to postal services most of the times. However, as most people are now increasingly realizing, there’s no accountability in Singapore’s postal services. If something goes missing, they never take responsibilities for their mistakes. Additionally, if it did get delivered to the intended recipient, yet if the intended recipient lies that he or she did not receive it (which can be the usual case for lawyer letters), there is no way you can dispute that.
This is the reason why most business owners and companies in Singapore prefer using a courier service of some sort. However, there are two main kinds of courier providers in Singapore. First of all, there would be the Speedpost, and there are private courier firms. There are differences in the types of services they provide. One of the biggest differences between Speedpost’s services and a private courier in Singapore is that you need to still go to the nearest Speedpost branch and spend 30 minutes queuing up to get your item delivered. On the other hand, when you engage a private courier firm in Singapore, they pick up from your location, so you never need to step out of the comfort of your office or house. I think you’re starting to understand why more companies turn to courier firms instead.
Next of all, think about this – why do companies want to engage a courier service? Other than accountability, companies want convenience! Imagine if a person had to travel to a location only to have it delivered later. It would be a waste of that employee’s time, which is unproductive when he/she is travelling. Why not, pay a little more, a few dollars more, and get a courier firm to help you pick up from YOUR location and deliver it instead? Saves time, effort and provides great convenience. This is the reason why I always use local courier services for all of my small item deliveries in Singapore. Saves me time and money. People who understand the concept of time and its importance will appreciate courier firms more.
If you have run a business or are growing a business, you will soon realize that money is seldom a bottleneck. The real unexpected bottleneck will be time – yet the only true way to grow a business is to automate, hire employees or outsource for all activities which does not make you money directly. Then you can focus solely on what gets you paid, and this in turn will get you the highest return on investment.
If you are working at a shipping company, accounting firm or a legal company in Singapore, chances are, you would need to deliver lots of documents on a daily basis between different office locations in Singapore or to your clients / banks. This is the reason why many of such companies usually get dispatch riders or simply outsource their courier needs to a courier company like www.pcamasters.com in Singapore. One of the biggest issues with businesses which find it hard to grow is that they’re not focusing on what gets them paid – sales. They’re focused on performing everything themselves, not automating using software, and not outsourcing activities such as deliveries. This is the problem when the Asian mindset of ‘save at all costs’ permeates a company. For a company to grow big and get to the Fortune 500 level, the executives in the company needs to only be focused on making money, and outsource everything else so that they have the highest return on time invested. Asking your employees to courier items would be a great waste of their time and your company’s money because the employees could otherwise have used that same time to make more money for the company (e.g. sales or fulfillment of orders!)!
It’s extremely important to realize that time is the most important resource. By outsourcing items such as deliveries, which can take up quite a bit of time considering how congested Singapore’s roads are during peak hours and in the town areas, you will be better equipped to reach your new business heights.